About Me

My photo
Bellingham, Washington, United States
A High Priestess of the Georgian and NROOGD traditions of Wicca, a longarm quilter and fabric + fiber lover / artist, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Blessings of new ideas

How are you? I've been struck with a burst of energy for seeking further education and a new set of skills. Most of you know I've been running my own business for a few years now, quilting and embroidering for clients. It's been a real gift to have my own schedule and succeed in building a large client base. It's been particularly helpful to me during a time of higher needs from Marina and my own body just needing to take things slow. My last post was about exercise and I noticed a clarity of mind that came with my getting in better condition...and I'm not done with that process! I'm really pleased with the sense of accomplishment I get from exercising.....who knew!?

So my big excitement is the idea of returning to either community college or technical college to study computer networking or a related, well paying field. I'm still figuring out the best path for the best return on my educational investment. I already have a BA so I wouldn't necessarily do that again. And Marina will be up for college in two years so getting a higher paying job is crucial at that juncture.

It is always exciting to me to change paths and breathe new life into my spirit. And the thought of working in a male dominated field, populated mostly with young geeky guys doesn't bother me at all! I think my self possession and communication skills will serve me well there.

Blessings of spring to you!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment