About Me

My photo
Bellingham, Washington, United States
A High Priestess of the Georgian and NROOGD traditions of Wicca, a longarm quilter and fabric + fiber lover / artist, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What's motivating us to share?

Well, I've finally gotten myself a blog... I know a few of my friends are doing this and I've gone back and forth about wanting to share myself in this way, but what finally got me going on it were a couple main motivations.
The first was stemming from the fact that I am alone a lot during the day, trying to get work done on customer quilts and embroidery projects and consequently feeling lonely and disconnected. The second is The current condition of our country and planet, which worries me and has contributed to my feeling pretty hopeless in the last year.
In my long discussions with my dear friends Lee and Elaine (www.bohemianthreads.net) about how to deal with these sorts of feelings, it has become apparent that we all value our community --which includes our friends, our pagan/Wiccan circle and of course our families-- above most other stuff in our lives.
So sharing in this type of forum seems like a way to continue the mission that my life has seemed to be shaped by; finding ways to connect, support, bless and grow with my circle of friends and family.
So, thank you for being a part of my circle, and may yours be ever expanding and satisfying!

3 comments:

  1. Love the design, Betsy. So glad you're going to share your wisdom with the community. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely look forward to reading your blog Betsy... I have the same concerns and worries. What an amazing community we have and the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete