About Me

My photo
Bellingham, Washington, United States
A High Priestess of the Georgian and NROOGD traditions of Wicca, a longarm quilter and fabric + fiber lover / artist, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Blessings and Connections coming on strong

This summer is shaping up to be pretty eventful!  My parents are here, which of course is daily “event” in itself!  And the blessings from that are many, of course, because we are swimming in the afternoons, playing dominoes in the evening, and sometimes having lunch together.  They’re not letting so-so northwest weather bog down their summer action! 

Detail from a quilt I recently quilted for Carl Cozier school...
 it's a goodbye gift to their recently promoted principal


But the BIG news is, of course, weddings and babies!  Mike’s older sister and her husband are having a baby from China!  They get to go receive her in the next couple months, yahoo!  She looks pretty darn cute from the pics I’ve seen.  Mike’s younger brother and his wife are having a boy, they live in the Santa Ana, CA. area and she is due in August. 

Mike’s younger sister, Sheri, is getting married in July!  I think we are going to attempt to go (it’ll be in Montana), we just have to arrange for a dog sitter.  (My Mom and Dad aren’t up for that!) We and especially I, have been requesting the universe match Sheri with a delightful man for a number of years now.  Because I know she is a VERY wonderful person who wanted to find a mate.  Yay! 

Wisteria by our back pond
And, Hallelujah, I actually sewed on a quilt of my own last night.  Something from scraps I had started during a Christmas/Solstice break a few years ago…just a ton of 2” squares that I cut and sewed when I could.  I think I have it done enough to be a quilt top now….  Thanks to my new, more functional arrangement of the home I had the energy to do this. 
Oh, and I wanted to show you a picture of this pond area in our back yard that has a lovely wisteria climbing all over the structure above and around the pond, surprising me with TONS of blooms this year!  I am impressed, thank you wisteria!  Just a few months ago Elaine, Jill and I sat back there and did a little new moon “releasing” session by the dormant pond.  Now I believe it to have been successful and life is renewing in full force back there.  There is also a white and a purple clematis, and a lovely miniature lilac bush that is strongly scented.

1 comment:

  1. Such exciting news Betsy, Congratulations!!! Love your quilts too :)

    ReplyDelete