About Me

My photo
Bellingham, Washington, United States
A High Priestess of the Georgian and NROOGD traditions of Wicca, a longarm quilter and fabric + fiber lover / artist, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mellowness and Love

I had a busy weekend but on the urging of two priestess pals we took the time for a new moon “cleanse” where we shed the baggage we needed/wanted to leave us.   Then we opened the doors for the directions we need/want to put our energy, and have the life changes we wish to see coming in loud and clear…and it was a really lovely time together!  (And here’s hoping we can do it again soon!) Our ritual was very mellow and we took our time to shape our words and wishes, and looked at this sort of like a “spring cleaning” of things we’ve let creep up on us and steer us into emotional places we really don’t want to be.  So BEGONE, complacency!  And WELCOME spring and renewal! 
What visitors see when they come to my gate...

We spent a couple hours outside and even though my yard can be noisy with dogs barking and airplanes taking off nearby, we were very blessed to be visited by hummingbirds and robins and assorted other nature sounds around us.  I’ve seen the crows with sticks in their mouths and my resident roof-birds seem pretty busy setting up their nurseries (purple house finches live year round in a spot they’ve made where two parts of the roof join to create a little cave).  The wetlands behind my house have plenty of bird activity to pique my interest.  I LOVE hearing their sounds!  Better than music any day.


Mickey looking longingly in to a
part of the yard he wants to check out,
and the primrose Jill gave me brightening the view!

On all my trips in and out of the neighborhood lately I have seen the local mallards doing their usual spring mating chases, often 2 drakes to one hen… they stop by the side of the road, in the road, in the ditch and even in my pool while negotiating “who gets the girl” in their own duckish way.  I also saw some of the local crows picking around in the ditch grass and stream, I think getting worms after this recent hard rainy time.  I feel good about my neighborhood… we are peppered with wetlands and I think it’s conducive to the wildlife that hangs out around here, giving me a little elbow in the ribs every day… Betsy… you share this with us… remember!  And I enjoy that very much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment